Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paleo Turkey Goulash


I have a pile of my "old" (Pre-Paleo) recipes that I loved so I keep them and try to turn them into Paleo recipes. This is one of those recipes. Rather than using non-stick cooking spray and pasta, I subbed in butter and mushrooms for this recipe. It's really pretty quick to make and the seasonings are items I usually have on hand all the time. I went ahead and left the ground turkey as ground turkey, because it's so plain it really allows you to taste the vegetables.

Turkey Goulash
mealpod
Published 01/31/2012
A paleo version of a traditional goulash

Ingredients




  • 2 tbsp butter



  • 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped



  • 1 pound ground turkey



  • 2 cups mushrooms, chopped



  • 2 large zucchini, chopped



  • 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped



  • 1 tsp chili powder



  • 1 tsp cayenne



  • 1 bay leaf, crushed



  • 1 tsp paprika



  • 1 tsp salt



  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Instructions




    1. Saute the onion, mushroom, zucchini and garlic in butter until slightly softened.



    2. Add ground turkey and cook until lightly browned.



    3. Add chicken broth and seasonings and bring mixture to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce to simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until veggies are tender.



    4. Portion into 6 pods, allow to cool, then freeze.
    5. Yield: 6
      Prep Time: 10
      Cook time: 60

      Nutrition

      • Calories: 246



    6. Fat: 16



    7. Sodium: 535



    8. Totalcarbs: 11



    9. Dietaryfiber: 3



    10. Protein: 16
    11. 12 comments:

      1. how much garlic do you use? and When do you put the tomatoes in??

        ReplyDelete
      2. Hi Chelsea, I tried this recipe and it turned out great. Use 2 cloves of minced garlic and put in the tomatoes right before the 30 minute simmer.

        ReplyDelete
      3. Hi! I'm Rebecca from MyNaturalFamily.com. I shared a link to your recipe on my post
        http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/paleo-recipes/easy-paleo-chicken-recipes/
        I want to make sure it's ok with you that I did so. Please let me know if you want me to remove your image.

        I would love if you could share a little love by sharing the post on your social media accounts. After all, in the end it will help you get more traffic too.

        I am also open to other collaboration ideas so please let me know if you have ideas of how we can help grow each other’s blogs.

        Get More Traffic

        In case you're not already a member of our sister site, InspiringCooks.com I would like to invite you to join it.

        I was frustrated with how much work it is to submit to food submission sites so I created my own site kind of like Food Gawker. The main difference is that you don't have to submit each recipe. All you need to do is fill out this form - http://inspiringcooks.com/submit-recipes/ and we will add your recipe images for you with a link to your site (no recipe on our site). We will also promote your content by pinning both directly from your site and from our site.

        Bonus - when you join Inspiring Cooks, you can also request to be added to My Natural Family’s most popular group boards on Pinterest.

        Make More Money

        I make over six-figures on My Natural Family and I wrote a blog post all about how I do it. I think/hope there are some ideas in it that could help you make more money with your blog - http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/earn-six-figures-blog/

        ReplyDelete
      4. No one in my family likes mushrooms what would be a good substitute?

        ReplyDelete
      5. Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

        Do you want to munch on some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

        Check out the: Paleohacks Cookbook.

        ReplyDelete
      6. That actually looks delicious and I need one dish recipes like this so badly, with my energy levels. Thank you!! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

        ReplyDelete
      7. Hi!!
        Love your post. It's really amazing & helpful too. Being foodie i keep trying new dishes i tried this recipe & it turned out to be really tasty . Keep sharing :)
        Thank You & Regards
        Ankita



        onlyloudest

        ReplyDelete
      8. I simply wanted to say thanks again. I’m not certain the things I would’ve carried out in the absence of these points provided by you regarding such field. It was before a real daunting difficulty in my view, nevertheless considering the very skilled style you treated the issue took me to jump with fulfillment. Extremely grateful for the advice and then expect you comprehend what a great job that you’re putting in training the rest all through your site. Most likely you’ve never met all of us.
        Regards: Dream market

        ReplyDelete
      9. We are always on the look out for new crockpot recipes, especially at this time of year. The holidays are so busy — without our slow cooker, we’d have to eat sandwiches or fast food at least 3 night a week!
        Kelly Hubbard

        ReplyDelete