Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweet Potato, Bacon & Egg Salad


Sunday Cooking with Sis
Week of 1/22

I consider this recipe another Paleo staple.  The dressing is really the star of this dish.  I could eat it by itself (and have) or on a salad, but really the flavors just go so amazing with the sweet potato it's a perfect match.

Someday, I will make my own mayonnaise.  I'm not sure what about it scares me or makes me not want to do it.  I have a lot of recipes for homemade mayonniase.  I know in order to be a true Paleo eater that I totally should ditch the jarred mayo.  I apologize in advance.  Please feel free to make your own mayo for this recipe.

SWEET POTATO, BACON & EGG SALAD

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups cooked sweet potato, diced
4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
8 slices cooked bacon, sliced
8 tbsp dill weed, chopped
4 tbsp mayonnaise
4 tbsp lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->Start with cooked sweet potato, eggs and bacon

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->Dice eggs and sweet potato, slice bacon add to large bowl.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->In a separate bowl combine dill, mayo and lemon juice.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->Add dill mixture to the sweet potato mixture and stir gently to combine.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
Portion into 8 pods, this will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Note: Serving size is approximately ½ cup as a side dish, as a meal you can eat more!

Nutrition: 8 PODS (servings) 175 calories, 11g fat, 124g sodium, 11G carb, 2g fiber, 7g protein

1 comment: