Monday, March 26, 2012

Make Ahead Ham & Cheese Casserole

So... um... that's not my casserole up there.  That's a random ham picture.   I made this Ham & Cheese Casserole and put it in the fridge on Sunday night.  Then I came in on Monday after my daughter's Book Club and threw it in the oven that my husband had thoughtfully preheated.  And we ate it.  Then I realized I needed pictures.  Doh!   


I didn't want to not post the recipe because it was GOOD.  And easy.  I am loving these make ahead type casseroles for Monday nights because Sunday is cooking day and Monday is an activity day.  It makes cooking a good dinner not so hard.  


We now have softball practice on Tuesday and Thursday and I need to come up with a better plan for these days.   We can either eat at 4:45pm or 7:30pm and frankly, neither works well for me or includes much time for cooking!



Prep Time: 10 min                
Cook Time: 90 minutes             
Yield: 6

INGREDIENTS:

½ cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter
16 oz frozen green beans
16 oz mini red potatoes
8 oz shredded cheese
1 lb ham steak

DIRECTIONS:

·         Chop onion and cook in skillet until soft

·         Cook potatoes in microwave for 2 minutes to soften, then cut into wedges and add to skillet with onions to brown lightly

·         Add frozen green beans to skillet and mix thoroughly

·         Chop ham steak into bite size cubes and add to skillet mixture, combining until all ingredients are mixed throughout

·         Pour mixture into 9 x 13 dish and mix in shredded cheese, sprinkle additional cheese over top of casserole if desired

·         Cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours, when ready to cook, preheat oven to 350˚ and cook for 60-90 minutes until everything is warm and cheese is melty and bubbly

·         Store leftovers as mealpods once cooled

6 PODS (servings) 270 calories, 9g fat, 836g sodium, 15G carb, 3g fiber, 30g protein

nutrition information estimated at Livestrong.com:





 




No comments:

Post a Comment