More leftovers from Easter! We made 24 colored eggs the day before Easter so we must use them all up. I made sure to put the right in the fridge right after dyeing so they would be safe to eat.
I have to admit that this is not hubby's favorite type of food and the kids won't go near it, so this is all mine! I had some right away and will be eating it for lunch for a couple of days.
Egg & Tuna Salad
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs without yolks (optional yolk removal here)
- 5 oz foil packed tuna drained
- 1 tbs jarred chopped pimentos
- 1/2 tsp Coleman's Mustard
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbs of your favorite plain yogurt
- Peel, chop and rinse your hard boiled eggs. Chope your red onions pretty small but not minced
- Add all your ingredients into a medium sized bowl and gently mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Eat it on some homemade spelt quickbread sliced thin.
(Spelt has very low levels of gluten)
or with finely chopped eggs as a dip with some carrot chips.
(Which are just bagged raw carrots sliced into the shape of carrots)
Now if I can figure out what to do with all of those leftover glow-in-the-dark Easter eggs!